Friday, November 11, 2011

If I like Johnnie Walker Black Label, What Would Be a Good Single Malt Scotch to Try?

I know some of you will probably think I have no taste or I'm crazy, but I really like Johnnie Walker Black Label. I've tried Glenfiddich 12, and liked it, but not more. I've tried Glenlivet 12, Matisse Old and didn't really like them. Could it be that it would be where scotch is from or the kind? If so, can any one recommend a good single malt scotch to try?|||I don't think you're crazy or tasteless; in fact I think you're absolutely right.





Blended scotch is the Rodney Dangerfield of Scotch a lot of the time - it just gets no respect, and that's a crying shame, because as you've discovered, there are some fabulous blends. I would choose Johnny Walker Black over many single malts at that price point as well.





I'm not a huge scotch fan. I like it, I sometimes drink it, but I'm really more of a bourbon fan. I just wanted to throw that out there as a qualifier that I'm not a scotch expert - and the ones I do like tend to be the Speyside much more so than the Islays. Lagavaulin and Talisker just aren't my cup of tea.





So Bavlenie, Macallan, Glenkinchie - that's more my style. If you like Black Label though, I have heard that Cardhu is a big component of JW blends, so that might be something to look for.|||have you tried red label?????

No comments:

Post a Comment