Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Glenfiddich 12 Year or Johnnie Walker Black Label?

I've got 35 or 40 dollars to spend on some nice whiskey. What should i go for?|||I've never been a fan of Glenfiddich, but it can be fun to try different single malts. That being said, the Black label is a superior scotch and a very nice blend.





I will say that if you can pony up another $20, Johnnie Walker Green Label is, in my opinion, the best bang for your buck when it comes to good blended scotch.|||That depends. It mostly depends on what you like, but also on what you're using it for.





The Glenfiddich 12 is a single malt scotch. In many quarters, the title 'single malt' carries with it a certain cachet - it impresses people. As far as taste goes, however, the 'fiddich 12 is pretty mediocre. It's light, not terribly expressive, and only moderately smooth.





The Johnnie Black, OTOH, is a blended scotch. While some people look down on blends, this is more because of all the dirt cheap blends, than any actual commentary on blended scotches themselves. While it's true that a random single malt will generally be better than a random blend (and pricier), individual malts vs individual blends don't always work out that way. Blends also, not having the same snob appeal, tend to be a bit better value. The JWB is a fuller whiskey, with a bit of smoke to it.





If I was drinking it for myself, I'd take the JWB anyday. It's more versatile, better value, and, in my opinion, tastier. The Glenfiddich 12, however, may impress some people (but not real scotch afficinados).





There are also lots of other scotches at that price range, but they have very different flavour profiles, and it would be impossible to say which one would suit you best without knowing more about you.





Happy drinking!|||Are those the only two whiskies in your imagination (or liquor store) there are over 3000 (three thousand) different Malts ....if you start NOW and have different bottle every month....you will not have tasted them all before you die.|||Of those two? The JW Black. I'm a single malt fan generally, but Gfiddich 12 doesn't do it for me.





For that price, I'd get Balvenie 10, Jura 10 or Aberlour 10 instead. On the blend side, I'd go Dewars 12 or Grouse.|||I say, go for a nice 12 or maybe 10 year old Macallan Sherry Cask whiskey. Everyone loves it, very good value for the price, and plus it tastes amazing! Have fun drinking!|||Johnnie Walker Black is a very smooth whiskey.If you have ever had the red you will really see the difference|||Black Label....|||I would go with Glenfiddich Malt....|||Black Label for me

No comments:

Post a Comment