Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Midleton Irish Whiskey v. Johnnie Walker Blue Label?

Which do you prefer?|||Johnnie Walker Blue is a very fine scotch. I'm usually a single malt guy. I don't drink any blended whiskeys, except for this one.





Irish whiskey is fine, but it's tough to top Blue.|||Shame I couldn't get in on this one. I'd have to go with Midleton Very Rare. Hands down, the best whiskey I've ever tasted. Johnnie Walker Blue is a wonderful blend for what it is, but I've never been a scotch person. Must be the Irish blood in me. ;)

Report Abuse


|||Midleton is different every year, as it is made in batches and different casks are selected every year, so comparing Midleton from one year to the next can even be difficult.





The Midleton has been made since 1984, and the latest ones seem to be the best, for me, as they contain older whiskey. It's made from a blend of pure pot still whiskey and grain whiskey. The 2005 is the one I have liked the most, so far.





Johnnie Walker Blue Label is based around Royal Lochnagar whisky. It is more expensive than the Midleton. However, it is almost worth the money. Some very good malt whiskys go into this.





Another difference between the two is that Midleton's whiskey is all from the same distillery, while the Blue Label is a blend from about 12 to 15 distilleries.





Personally, I prefer the Midleton, but I'd be delighted if I was offered either.|||One is irish whiskey and one is scotch...not much of a basis for comparison. It's like asking if you like a lager better than a burgundy.

No comments:

Post a Comment