Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Johnnie Walker opinions.?

I am currently on holiday and trying to decide which Johnnie Walker to buy for my partner duty free. Which would you rate more highly Black label, Double black, Green or Gold?


I am already looking at a bottle of Jack Daniels silver secret as he normally drinks Jack.|||Gold Label's blend, from my experience, is a milder blend, while the Green Label has a darker colour and would have more appeal to someone who appreciates single malts like Laphroaig which tend to have a much stronger note. Gold label tends to have a softer finish, while Green Label tends to have that more full-bodied, spicier finish. Comes down to one's preferences.





Black Label is a mediocre utility scotch whisky (I'd compare it to Jack Daniels). Double Black isn't bad.





If he is using it to mix cocktails or drinking it on the rocks, Black Label works well. If he drinks it neat or with a small splash of spring water (or one ice cube), Gold/Green label would be a better option.|||It is a taste thing.





Personally... if I were in your shoes. I would purchase a small bottle of each... have a taste test.





I found that by doing that with 4 different Jim Beam products... which I like best. I found that for me... the Red Stag was the only one I could sip straight. For my test after... when I couldn't sip the others. I would mix them with water to see how "sweet" or what other taste they might have.





You can do a similar test with Johnnie.





Jack... is in a class different than Johnnie. Try the Gentleman Jack...|||Among the jw Green is my fave but if ur gonna be mixing Black is best for the price



Alex's recommendation of smaller bottles so you know for later purchases is good.|||Depends on how important he is to you? I'd go with the Double Black unless he isn't worth it and then just get the Black Label.

No comments:

Post a Comment