Friday, November 11, 2011

I've come upon an unopened box of Johnnie Walker Blue Label in my father's cabinent. Do I swindle it and run?

I was searching through my father's liquor cabinet, and to my great surprise there appeared a prized jewel of the whiskey world: an unopened box containing a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label -- one of the rarest scotch whiskeys in existence. The box includes the famous serial number and all. While it is truly a difficult moral dilemma...if you were faced with the same situation, could you honestly say it wouldn't cross your mind to swipe it?|||As a Scotch drinker myself, I'd say leave it alone if you wish to remain in the Will.|||I dunno...I usually don't fool with blended scotch. I prefer single malts...they have a lot more character. I would be interested in the Royal Lochnagar, one of the whiskies that goes into the Blue Label blend...but by itself.

Report Abuse


|||Think about this... maybe he's saving it for a special occasion like your graduation, wedding, birth of your first child --who knows? But always remember; what goes around comes around.|||Dad comes home from work one night, it was a real stressful day. He decides he will treat himself to some of his prize Bourbon. He opens his cabinet and discovers it is gone.





First of all, what are you doing snooping in your old man's liquor cabinet? Would you like him to snoop through your things? Second, why would you steal something from your father? Third, don't you think your father is smart enough to know that you would have been the one to steal it?--He is not a dummy.





Leave the whiskey alone.|||just chug it.|||I would certainly want to, but definitely would not, one it's just wrong, way worse than borrowing a pair of dress socks, or a Playboy. Also the consequences would be SO harsh that I would wish to die from alcohol poisoning rather than face the wrath that is to come. Just buy a bottle of Black Label and pretend it's Blue Label.|||How would you like it if someone swiped YOUR stuff?|||No, it's his and he's your father. I wouldn't even consider it.|||Oh, he knows it's there. He knows. And then you take it...you'll incur your father's wrath.|||Take it. You will feel a lot better about it once you drink it.|||It wouldn't cross my mind to take it. That would be like saying "I found out my dad has a Babe Ruth autograph, would you take it?"





The best thing to do is, if you're under 21, forget it. If you're 21 though, ask what special occasion he's saving it for.|||is you're birthday soon?i hope it is! just find an excuse to let him give you some :)...you might share ?|||Unless your father died and left it to you in his will, don't touch it. That would be seriously rude. You'd be lucky not to get beaten, and probably disowned.





Seriously - it's one thing to hork a brew or two at a party, but stealing valuable liquor is like treason among men.|||I am no angel but I would not think about taking it, I may be alot of things but being a thief is not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment